COVID-19: Ghana records 9th confirmed Coronavirus case.

Story by Carlos Afanou




Ghana has recorded two more of the novel COVID-19 disease bringing the total number of cases to nine.
Ghana Health Service confirming the case said it was recorded in the Greater Accra region on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.

A statement published on the Ghana Health Service website said one patient is a 56-year-old man, a Ghanaian who travelled back to Accra from a trip to UK about a week ago.

The other is a 33-year-old Ghanaian, who returned to Accra from a conference in United Arab Emirates (UAE).

According to the GHS both are imported cases adding that patients are receiving treatment in isolation.

“We received another report form NMIMR indicating two (2) more confirmed cases from the Greater Accra Region. Both are imported cases. One is a 56-year-old man, a Ghanaian who travelled back to Accra from a trip to UK about a week ago. The other is a 33-year-old Ghanaian, who returned to Accra from a conference in UAE. Both cases are receiving treatment in isolation”.

Contact tracing

A total of 399 contacts have been identified and are being followed up for the confirmed cases.

“On contact tracing, a total of 399 contacts have been identified and are being followed up. Nineteen (19) of the contacts developed some forms of symptoms and samples have taken for laboratory testing. We have received results for 15 of them which are all negative for COVID-19 and we are awaiting results for four (4) of them”.

It added that the country has so far not recorded any death, "Currently, there is no death and all the nine (9) confirmed COVID-19 cases are being managed in isolation and are responding well to treatment."

Read the entire statement below:

Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Ghana Rises To Nine (9) - 18th MARCH,2020 | 09:00


On the 18th March, we received another report form NMIMR indicating two (2) more confirmed cases from the Greater Accra Region. Both are imported cases. One is a 56-year-old man, a Ghanaian who travelled back to Accra from a trip to UK about a week ago. The other is a 33-year-old Ghanaian, who returned to Accra from a conference in UAE. Both cases are receiving treatment in isolation.

This bring to a total of nine (9) confirmed COVID-19 cases. There is no death, Yesterday, we received notification from KCCR indicating two (2) newly confirmed in Kumasi, On contact tracing, a total of 399 contacts have been identified and are being followed up. Nineteen (19) of the contacts developed some forms of symptoms and samples have taken for laboratory testing. We have received results for 15 of them which are all negative for COVID-19 and we are awaiting results for four (4) of them.

Currently, there is no death and all the nine (9) confirmed COVID-19 cases are being managed in isolation and are responding well to treatment.
Previous Post Next Post